Degafi - Crowdfunding Platform for Dreams
1. Welcome to DegaFi!
We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes by updating them on the Site or by sending you an email notifying you that they have been changed. New versions of the terms will never apply retroactively — we’ll tell you the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using DegaFi after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
2. Creating an Account
You can browse DegaFi without registering for an account. But to use some of DegaFi’s functions, you’ll need to register, choose an account name, and set a password. When you do that, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete. If you don’t follow these rules, we may cancel your account.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone used your account without your permission, you should report it to support@DegaFi.com.
To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 18 years old.
3. Prohibited Conduct
All of the following actions are prohibited on our site.
- You may not break the law. You may not take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- You may not lie to people. You may not post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. You may not do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- You may not offer prohibited items. You may not offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of DegaFi’s policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- You may not victimize anyone. You may not do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- You may not spam. You may not distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. You may not run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- You may not harm anyone’s computer. You may not distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to DegaFi or another party).
- You may not abuse other users’ personal information. When you use DegaFi — and especially if you create a successful project — you may receive information about other users, including things like their names, email addresses, and postal addresses. This information is provided for the purpose of participating in a DegaFi project: You may not use it for other purposes, and don’t abuse it.
- You may not try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- You may not bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- You may not try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to DegaFi or another party.
- You may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- You may not use any kind of software or device (whether it’s manual or automated) to “crawl” or “spider” any part of the Site.
- You may not take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of DegaFi in an effort to access things like source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms.
DegaFi provides a funding platform for you to make your own campaign to solicit pledges or donations from other to help you with your cause. That is all we do. We do not guaranty or endorse your campaign and, of course, we are not obligated to help you find pledgors. Our job is to give you this useful, powerful and convenient platform to help you and make your job easier.
When pledgors make donations to your campaign, DegaFi is not a part of this relationship — this relationship is a direct legal agreement between campaign creators and their pledgors. Here are the terms that govern that agreement:
Campaign creators swear and affirm that all the information provided by them and in or on their campaign is true and accurate to the best of their ability to know or find out using reasonable care. Campaign creators acknowledge that the information provided in or on their campaign is the direct representation(s) inducing the pledgor to pledge to their campaign. As such, if any of the information in or on the campaign is false or misleading, campaign creators acknowledge that all persons who pledged to their campaign are harmed and all campaign creators realize that this may subject them to civil or criminal liability.
5. How Funding Works
These are the terms that apply when you’re pledging to a campaign or campaign creator:
- You will be charged immediately. You’ll provide your payment information when you pledge. Your payment will be debited from your account immediately. The exact amount you pledged is the amount DegaFi will collect. Payment Providers may sometimes charge us for Fees.
- DegaFi doesn’t offer refunds. Once you have made your pledge, it is final.
- We’ll charge our fees before putting funds in your account. DegaFi and its payment partners will subtract fees before transmitting the proceeds of a campaign. Our fee for our service is deducted first, from the gross amount of the pledges you receive. We will then deduct our expenses as outlined in our Fee Schedule.
- Some pledges can’t be collected, which might reduce the amount of funding you get. Because some payments can’t be collected — for instance, when a backer’s credit card expires before funding ends, and they don’t provide updated information — we can’t guarantee that the amount of funding you receive will be exactly equal to the full amount pledged minus fees.
- Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. Don’t assume you’ll be able to launch your project when you want; there could be a reason we’re not able to accept it, or a problem that takes time to resolve. Don’t assume you’ll be able to immediately collect your funding; there may be a delay between the end of a successful campaign and your access to the funds. And don’t take any actions in reliance on collecting any of the money pledged until you actually have the ability to withdraw it from your account and spend it.
DegaFi isn’t liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don’t become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don’t oversee the performance or punctuality of projects, and we don’t endorse any content users submit to the Site. When you use the Services, you release DegaFi from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You’re solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
7. Our Fees
Our fees are outlined in our Fee Schedule. By using our site, you agree in advance to the deduction of these fees from your campaign. Fees are not negotiable and are deducted from the gross (full) amount of pledges you receive during your campaign. If our fees ever change, we’ll announce that on our Site. The fees are collected by varying payment providers. Each payment provider is its own company and DegaFi isn’t responsible for its performance.
You’re responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with your use of DegaFi.
8. Other Websites
DegaFi may contain links to other websites. (For instance, project pages, user profiles, and comments may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
DegaFi partners with other companies (such as HelloCash, Amole, M-Birr and CBE Birr) for payment processing. When you back or create a project, you’re also agreeing to the payment processor’s terms of service.
9. Your Intellectual Property
DegaFi doesn’t own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit a project for review, or launch a project, you agree to these terms:
- We can use the content you’ve submitted. You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content.
- When we use the content, we can make changes, like editing or translating it. You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content.
- You won’t submit stuff you don’t hold the copyright for (unless you have permission). Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant DegaFi all the license rights outlined here).
- Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility. You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on DegaFi’s hosting of that Content.
- You promise that if we use your Content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights. If DegaFi or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post. All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- We’re not responsible for mistakes in your content. DegaFi will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
DegaFi’s Services are legally protected in various ways, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other rights and laws. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
DegaFi grants you a license to reproduce content from the Services for personal use only. This license covers both DegaFi’s own protected content and user-generated content on the Site. (This license is worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable.) If you want to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or store any of this content for a commercial purpose, you need prior written permission from DegaFi or the relevant copyright holder. A “commercial purpose” means you intend to use, sell, license, rent, or otherwise exploit content for commercial use, in any way.
11. How We Deal with Copyright Issues
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act lays out a system of legal requirements for dealing with allegations of copyright infringement. DegaFi complies with the DMCA, and we respond to notices of alleged infringement if they comply with the law and the requirements set forth in our Copyright Policy. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate accounts for repeat infringers. (We do this when appropriate and at our sole discretion.)
If you’d like to submit a claim of copyright infringement, please visit our Copyright Policy. Our designated agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
BTnet Technology Solutions - Call 0911969044
12. Deleting Your Account
You can terminate your account at any time. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site. (For instance, if you’ve launched a project, deleting your account will not remove the project from the Site.) Please Call 0911969044
13. Our Rights
DegaFi reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the DegaFi Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use DegaFi. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use DegaFi in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to cancel any pledge to any project, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any project at any time and for any reason.
14. Warranty Disclaimer
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
DegaFi SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM DegaFi SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of DegaFi. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
16. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will DegaFi, its directors, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the Site. In no event shall DegaFi’s liability for direct damages be in excess of (in the aggregate) one Thousand Ethiopian Birr (ETB 100.00).
BY USING OUR SITE, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND RELEASE BTnet Technology Solutions, INCLUDING ANY PARENT, SUBSIDIARY OR RELATED COMPANY AND ALL OF ITS AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES, FROM ANY LIABILITY CAUSED BY ANY NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF BTnet Technology Solutions INCLUDING ANY ACTIONS OR INACTIONS, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON THE PART OF OR BY BTnet Technology Solutions
17. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
We at DegaFi encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York and the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that DegaFi and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over DegaFi or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms, or your use or non-use of DegaFi, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Houston, Harris County, Texas, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.
18. The Rest
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and DegaFi with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and DegaFi with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or DegaFi to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.
These Terms are personal to you. You can’t assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get DegaFi’s prior written consent. DegaFi has the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. DegaFi will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.